Monday, March 24, 2008

MCP and MCDST - fear the letters!

So long between blog posts, I rarely bother with this mainly as I talk to most of my friends every day and I don't believe anyone really reads this ;) For anyone interested in the string of letters though I'm now an MCP and MCDST. MCP is a Microsoft Certified Professional, or basically someone who has passed 1 of the older Microsoft exams. The MCDST is a Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician, or in plain English I'm qualified to assist people with problems in a Windows XP environment with Office XP too. What's with all the qualifications out of nowhere? I'm studying to become an MCSA - Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator or for most people to understand, I'll be dealing with Windows Server 2003 platform and maybe 2000 / NT. If it all goes well, and so far isn't going too badly with 3 exam passes out of 3, I'll be qualified by around June / July this year! Yay me.

No comments: