Thursday, March 23, 2006

Life's a beach

I was at the beach yesterday when it was strangely sunny (not for very long though) and noticed these bird-like sculptures. I don't know how I missed them at first considering the size of them.

bird sculptures

subuteo guy

There are odd looking things like this all up and down the coast at various points, including some large pear-shaped people that remind me of subuteo that I'll get a picture of when I see them next. For anyone who has never seen subuteo before these little guys are meant to be football / soccer players. The base is flicked to send them around a pitch against a ball in an attempt to score a goal. You're supposed to take turns but I don't know how well it worked as I never really got into it, primarly because flicking the damn things hurt!

The last thing I noticed was this sign which looked like it was surprised / shocked. I don't know how you surprise a sign but this one was. sign

No comments: